New at WASPaLM
XXVIII World Congress of Pathology
The 28th World Congress of Pathology will be held in Cancun, Mexico from November 18th through November 21st 2015 in conjunction with the 45th National Congress of the Mexican Society for Clinical Pathology. The exciting scientific program features Nobel Laureat Professor Harald zur Hausen and will focus on personalized medicine. The WASPaLM Bureau and House of Representatives will meet before the Congress. Among items on the agenda for WASPaLM is changes to the WASPaLM Bylaws. All member Societies are urged to send representatives for this important meeting.
Further information can be found at www.pathologycancun2015.org
Election of officers (except for the Secretary-Treasurer) and Directors of WASPaLM will be finalized by the House of Delegates at the World Congress of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in November 2015. The dates given below are approximate:
- Our Nominating Committee has communicated with our member Societies through the end of April 2015 asking for nominations;
- The Secretary-Treasurer sent any recommendations received to the Constituent Societies;
- Constituent Societies have until about 31 July 2015 to make additional nominations, each one supported by at least 3 Constituent Societies;
- By approximately 18 August 2015, the Secretary-Treasurer must send out the ballots;
- Ballots must be returned to the chair of the Nominating Committee around 1 October 2015
Constituent Societies are invited to review the Information Letter About Nominations from Nominating Committee Chair Professor Gamze Mocan Kuzey and to use the Nominations Form to submit nominations to the Nominating Committee.
From the 136th WHO Executive Board - Report of the WASPaLM Delegation
Communicable diseases and Ebola
WASPaLM was represented by Dr. Roberto Verna and Dr. Paula Tavora. Click here to read their report.
Gordon Signy Fellowship Deadline Approaching
The deadline for 2016 Gordon Signy Fellowship applications is June 30, 2015. The applications are for support of training from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016. The application procedure and application forms may be found at the top of this page under World Pathology Foundation - Gordon Signy Fellowship.
Last Updated 1 June 2015