New at WASPaLM
Royal College of Pathologists Renews Committment to WASPaLM
The Royal College of Pathologists (London) has rejoined WASPaLM in an action greeted warmly by both organizations. The Royal College had, for many years, been responsible for the educational efforts of both WASPaLM and the World Pathology Foundation (WPF).
Pictured at Carlton Terrace, London, the home of the Royal College (from left): Professor Kenneth Fleming (International Director, RCPath), Professor Archie Prentice (President, RCPath), Professor Lai-Meng Looi (President, WASPaLM), Dr Suzy Lishman (President-Elect, RCPath)
Election of officers (except for the Secretary-Treasurer) and Directors of WASPaLM will be finalized by the House of Delegates at the World Congress of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in November 2015. WASPaLM President Dr. Lai-Meng Looi had sent a letter to the Presidents of our Constituent Societies in preparation for the election. The process specified in our By-Laws (Articles of Incorporation) includes several steps. The dates given below are approximate:
- Our Nominating Committee will communicate with our Societies during the period November 2014 through about 1 May 2015 to obtain nominations;
- Nominations received are presented to the Secretary-Treasurer by about 1 May 2015;
- By about 10 May 2015, the Secretary-Treasurer must send recommendations to the Constituent Societies;
- Constituent Societies have 80 days (ending about 31 July 2015) to make additional nominations, each one supported by at least 3 Constituent Societies;
- By approximately 18 August 2015, the Secretary-Treasurer must send out the ballots;
- Ballots must be returned to the chair of the Nominating Committee around 1 October 2015
Constituent Societies should be looking for communications from the Nominating Committee and/or the Secretary-Treasurer related to the election process. Representation through Directors who are members of Constituent Societies from each of the six world regions are very important to WASPaLM governance. The help and participation of our Constituent Societies is greatly appreciated.
International Pathology Day November 5th 2014: Labs Are Vital Photo Contest Winners Announced
Last Updated 5 August 2014