Mission & Goals
The Role of WASPaLM is summarized in the agreed Mission and Goals
To improve health throughout the world by promoting the teaching and practice of all aspects of Pathology/Laboratory Medicine.
- To promote education, research, and international quality standards, through the Committees and Secretariats of WASPaLM and the World Pathology Foundation.
- To promote high quality, cost effective medical laboratory services.
- To promote the exchange of information between pathologists and laboratory scientists throughout the world.
- To encourage the formation of, and cooperation between, societies of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine throughout the world.
- To foster cooperation between WASPaLM and other international health organisations.
The current Objectives of each of the Categorical Secretariats and Committees of WASPaLM are described on this directory.